The classic Christmas cake with dried fruits is one of the popular sweets in the Christmas period. It has long preparations like soaking your own selection of dried fruit in rum for at least 2 days before. I love the scent of the spices and the dense texture of it! There is no special techniques to bake this cake and maybe that’s why it’s so popular 😉
Better to have the ingredients at room temperature and ground the fennel seeds and peel the orange zest right before starting to bake. This way the cake has a better aroma 👌🏻
– In a big bowl, sieve flour and add the baking powder mix them so they are ready.
– Lets start with whisking the butter (which is smoothened in room tempreture) with sugar
– Now sieve half of the flour mix in the bowl and mix all ingredients gently, the batter becomes dense
– Mix them and sieve the rest of flour, the batter will become denser so now it’s time to add the orange juice and the rest of the ingredients
– First 5 mins on 200°C/390°F then other 40 mins on 180°C/356°F. At the end of the baking time, let it stay in the oven (which is off) for 10-15 minutes.
– Wait 2 hours so the cake gets cooler and will be easier to cut, I did a very simple decoration with icing sugar on top and voilà… The Christmas cake with dried fruits is ready. 🥳
Enjoy and Merry Christmas! 🎄🎉