Baghali Ghatogh is one of the famous dishes of north Iran! It’s one of those vegetarian dishes that tastes really good and maybe particular for those who never taste it before. The combination of garlic, dill & turmeric gives it a unique taste and with kateh rice it feels like heaven!
You can use either Cranberry beans (typical recipe of Gilan) or Fava beans (typical recipe of Mazandaran). Gilan and Mazandaran are both 2 regions of northern Iran. This recipe is Gilaki! 😉
aaaaand It’s one of the quickest dishes of Iranian cuisine that you can prepare it in less than 1 hour! (if you have all the ingredients ready! :D)
Ingredients | Servings: 2
Beans should be peeled, if they are fresh you can do that right away but if not soak them for 8h first then you can peel them easily
– pour a bit of oil and add finely chopped garlic in a pan.
– stir a bit, on medium heat
– add turmeric and chopped dill and continue to stir
– add peeled beans
– stir them again
– pour water till it covers all ingredients
– add salt & paper
– cover the pan with its lid and leave it on medium-low heat for 20-30mins till the beans are cooked
– Wait for 5 mins so the eggs cook
– serve it with Iranian white rice.
Noosh-e Jan 🙂